Sumeru operates at the intersection of people and technology. We have the privilege of partnering with terrific people to help scale some of the most innovative, culture-forward SaaS and enterprise technology platforms. Today, we are excited to announce several new team members that will further that mission and help Sumeru itself scale. Please join us in welcoming 11 new colleagues to the Sumeru family and kicking off our inaugural analyst program!
Vice Presidents & Operating Partners
Pejman Pourmousa, Operating Partner
Pej joins Sumeru’s Portfolio Growth team and will collaborate with founders and portfolio management on scaling customer success initiatives. He was previously at Lakeside Software as Chief Customer Officer. Prior to Lakeside, Pej was the VP of Customer Success at Veracode, a SaaS-based Application Security platform. With 15+ years of experience in customer success, he specializes in management and engineering, retention / upsell, account management, professional services, technical support, CS operations, and systems. Pej received his BA from Brandeis University and MBA from Columbia Southern University.
Sofija Ostojic, Vice President
Sofija joins Sumeru as a Vice President focused on originating, executing and managing the firm’s investments. She has extensive experience in software and growth investing. As a Vice President at Thoma Bravo in her previous position, Sofija invested in market-leading software companies. Prior to that, she worked in the Technology M&A group at Evercore in Menlo Park. Sofija earned her degree in Honors Business Administration from the University of Western Ontario.
Nick Sheehan, Vice President
Nick joins Sumeru as a Vice President focused on originating, executing and managing the firm’s investments. He brings extensive investment experience as a former Senior Associate at Parthenon Capital where he invested in software, fintech and payments companies. Nick previously worked in investment banking as a part of the Industrial Technology Group at William Blair and is a graduate of The Ohio State University.
2022 Associate Class
Michael Zhang, Vincent Cao, Vidisha Hemani, and Cameron Najmabadi are Sumeru’s newest Investment Associates.
- Michael Zhang joins us from H.I.G Capital, where he was a private equity associate. He was also an Investment Banking Associate and Analyst at Nomura after graduating from Cornell University
- Vincent Cao joins us from Evercore’s Healthcare M&A Group. He is a graduate of NYU Stern
- Vidisha Hemani joins us from Barclays Investment Banking Division. She is a graduate of the University of Michigan
- Cameron Najmabadi joins us from JP Morgan’s Technology M&A Group. He completed an undergraduate degree at the University of Washington and masters at Stanford University
Sumeru’s Inaugural Analyst Class
Sumeru is thrilled to introduce its first Analyst class, which is comprised of Harvey Cornell, Douglas Hayes, Emilio Karakey, and Frances Zhuang.
- Harvey Cornell—joins us from Apax and graduated from the University of Texas McCombs School of Business
- Douglas Hayes—2020 Sumeru Fellow and 2021 summer analyst—rejoins us post graduation from The Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania
- Emilio Karakey—joins us having completed a summer internship at Perella Weinberg Partners and graduated from Vanderbilt University with an Economics degree
- Frances Zhuang—joins us having completed a summer internship at Matrix Capital and graduated with degrees from UC Berkeley in Computer Science and Economics
Senior Associate Promotions
Raymond is actively involved in portfolio companies Criteria and iProov and contributed meaningfully to the 2021 exits of Azuga (Bridgestone acquisition) and Actian (HCL acquisition).
Blake is actively involved in portfolio companies Loopio, beqom, and FirstUp and meaningfully contributed to the merger of Social Chorus / Dynamic Signal to create FirstUp as well as in the execution of the 360Learning investment.